(www.xyztimber.au instead of www.xyztimber.com.au)
Did you know; on 24th March 2022 the governing body of .au domain names, the .au Domain Administration (auDA), launched the .au direct names. This development follows similar moves for .uk and .nz domain names in recent years.
While the introduction of the new domain names has brought no significant changes, you will start to see more and more domains without the ‘com’ or ‘co’ suffix. The benefits are:
- Your URL will be simpler and easier to remember
- Your URL will be be shorter, which is better for mobile use
- You don’t need to register an ABN to use a .au TLD (top-level domain)
- It unlocks more URL availability
- Potential upside for SEO and search results
We recommend that you have a discussion with your marketing people to see if purchasing a .au domain is right for your business. Even if you don’t make the change immediately, securing it (to prevent someone else obtaining it) and redirecting it to your current website could be a prudent decision.
We have done this. You will see that https://dynagroup.au takes you to our regular webpage.